I notice very few vacation buildings in Pico-Robertson. But you go a few blocks outside of Pico-Robertson to La Cienega Blvd and east of La Cienega on Pico, and you’ll find some vacancies.
There was that great Hollywood video store on La Cienega and Pico that is now vacant as more of us get our movie entertainment from Netflix.
The Orthodox Jewish community is pushing east of La Cienega and south of Airdrome into the black community, dispossessing African-Americans and reducing the crime rate in Pico-Robertson proper. You’ll find old people walking the streets at night in the hood and that’s always a good sign.
I write about real estate, refinancing, and mortgages here:
- Why Did Bankers Extend Loans To Greece?
- Texas Shows The Way In Economic Growth, Employment Gains
- Bad News: How America’s Business Press Missed the Story of the Century
- Who Wants To Rule The Reverse Mortgage Market?
- Mortgage Interest Rates Remain Near Record Lows
- Fannie, Freddie Asleep At The Wheel When It Comes To Mortgage Fraud
- Are You Ready For Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac To Demand More Cash?
- Fannie, Freddie Shares Rise In Value
- Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Slow To Report Fraud
- JP Morgan Chase Agrees To Settle Mortgage Case
- What Is A Collateral Manager?
- Did JP Morgan Chase Mislead Investors In Its Mortgage Securities?
June 19, 2011
- Requiring 20% Down Payments To Get A Mortgage
- Wells Fargo Joins Bank Of America In Leaving The Reverse Mortgage Business
- What Are The Benefits Of Paying Off Your Mortgage Early?
- Buying A Lawyer, Delaying Foreclosure
- Homeowners In Distress – Doesn’t Your Heart Bleed?
June 16, 2011
- Wells Fargo, Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase Penalized By Politicians Over HAMP
- The Mortgage Interest Deduction
- What’s Behind The Decrease In Foreclosures?
- Major Banks Allowing For Mortgage Modifications
- Foreclosure Settlement Talks With Big Banks
- Advice For The Struggling Mortgage Holder
- Mortgage Interest Rates Dip
- Wells Fargo Leaves The Reverse Mortgage Market